Diversity/Psychology Conference at Reed College
Reed College is sponsoring a 2-day conference for emerging scientists and future psychology faculty members who are deeply committed to advancing the goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion in psychology. The conference will take place in Portland, Oregon May 21-23, 2019.
The goal of the conference is to encourage emerging scientists of color and others committed to inclusive curricular and pedagogical practices to consider careers as teacher-scholars in a liberal arts setting. Participants will gain skills and insights that will make them highly desirable job applicants and successful faculty members.
The conference will include:
• Panel discussion on working and succeeding as a teacher-scholar in a liberal arts setting
• Panel discussion on creating application materials tailored to liberal arts faculty positions
• Individual critiques/refining of application materials with senior faculty familiar with academic search criteria
• Presentations by conference participants of their work
All conference-related expenses will be paid by Reed College including:
• Round trip air fare (domestic)
• Ground transportation
• 2 nights hotel
• All meals during the conference
We would like to invite you to apply to this conference by sending your CV, including information about planned completion of Ph.D. if not yet complete. Please also include a letter of introduction that describes your identity as scholar and how that identity allows you to engage with questions of diversity, equity, and inclusion through your teaching and scholarship.
Applications are now open. Evaluation of applications will begin on March 30 and continue until conference positions are filled. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact Kristen Anderson at the e-mail listed above or at 503-517-7410. Learn more about our department at https://www.reed.edu/psychology/.